ABOUT THE ROLE
- Date Posted - 11/07/2023
- Mammalian Cell Line Development – Scientist
- Starting From 80,000 - 220,000 per annum
- Interest in this position?
Get in touch with us!
or submit your CV below
Job Title: Mammalian Cell Line Development – Scientist / Senior Scientist or Principal Scientist
Reports to: Customer Portfolio Manager
As a Customer Portfolio Relationship Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and reporting any potential risks associated with the customer portfolio. You will also assist the Customer Portfolio Manager in building, improving, and maintaining relationships with the Society’s Lifetime Mortgage customers.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Cell Line Development Scientist, Senior Scientist, or Principal Scientist to join our dynamic research and development team. The Cell Line Development Scientist will play a key role in the development and optimization of CHO cell lines for the production of therapeutic proteins or virus. This individual will work closely with cross-functional teams, utilizing their expertise in cell biology, molecular biology, and biotechnology to establish robust and high-yielding cell lines.
- Cell Line Development: Design and execute experiments to establish stable and high-producing CHO cell lines suitable for the production of therapeutic proteins or Virus production.
- Mammalian Cell Culture Optimization: Develop and implement cell culture strategies to maximize productivity, viability, and consistency of cell lines.
- Genetic Engineering: Utilize molecular biology techniques, such as gene editing (CRISPR/Cas9) and transfection/transduction, to modify cell lines for improved protein expression and desired characteristics.
- Assay Development: Design and validate assays to evaluate cell line quality, protein expression levels, and product quality attributes.
- Molecular Biology: use a wide range of techniques for designing and constructing vectors and transfecting mammalian cells.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Education: Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, or related field. A Master’s degree with significant relevant experience will also be considered.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of industry or academic experience in CHO/HEK cell line development, cell culture, and molecular biology techniques. Experience working with mammalian cell lines is essential, and experience with protein expression systems is highly desirable.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in mammalian cell culture techniques, including CHO/HEK cell line establishment, transfection/transduction, and clone selection. Strong expertise in molecular biology techniques, such as gene editing (CRISPR/Cas9), plasmid design, and viral vector systems.
- Analytical Skills: Demonstrated ability to design and perform experiments, analyze and interpret data, and troubleshoot technical challenges independently.
- Regulatory Compliance: Familiarity with regulatory guidelines and requirements related to cell line development, such as Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), is preferred.
- Experience with, but not limited to, Flow Cytometry, ELISA, Virology, cell banking, transposase transfection methods, protein analytical methods, etc. is desirable.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including opportunities for professional development and growth. Join our team of dedicated scientists and contribute to the advancement of innovative therapies that have the potential to transform patient lives.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com