ABOUT THE ROLE
- Date Posted - 23/08/2023
- Legal Secretary
- Starting From £40,000 per annum
- Interest in this position?
Get in touch with us!
- Perform secretarial tasks related to legal administration.
- Manage diaries efficiently, schedule appointments, and coordinate meetings and travel arrangements.
- Participate in legal meetings, draft and distribute minutes, and follow up on pending tasks for meeting efficiency.
- Maintain departmental documents, update physical and digital systems, and manage case management systems.
- Convert physical records to digital format, handle file maintenance, and create periodic reports.
- Facilitate client onboarding, including preparing engagement letters and conducting AML/KYC checks. Assign appropriate fee earners and draft engagement letters for new clients.
- Support Finance with client invoicing, track billable hours, non-billable hours, and expenses.
- Handle occasional administrative tasks as needed.
- Coordinate the execution of documents and agreements.
- Prepare, proofread, and ensure accuracy in legal documents, correspondence, reports, and presentations with meticulous attention to detail.
- Preserve confidentiality by handling sensitive information discreetly and maintaining strict confidentiality standards.
- Organize legal meetings, conferences, and events; prepare thorough agendas, manage logistics, and distribute documents promptly.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, challenge norms, and implement best practices to enhance efficiency, effectiveness, and risk management in the legal department.
- Act as a bridge between the legal department and internal/external stakeholders, fostering smooth communication and collaboration.
- Monitor and action emails as required.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong planning skills, emphasizing a high level of quality.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication aptitude, displaying meticulous attention to detail.
- High level of proficiency in IT skills, notably Excel and Word.
- Dedicated commitment to discretion, loyalty, and upholding utmost confidentiality, particularly when dealing with sensitive data.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities, adept at managing multiple tasks concurrently, prioritizing effectively, and meeting deadlines.
- Experience or a strong interest in supporting similar teams, preferably in dynamic, high-growth settings.
- Proven capability to multitask successfully in a fast-paced environment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org