ABOUT THE ROLE
- Date Posted - 04/09/2023
- HR Business Partner
- Starting From £70,000 per annum
- Interest in this position?
Get in touch with us!
or submit your CV below
Northreach is a dynamic recruitment agency that connects businesses with top talent in the cell & gene therapy, fintech and digital sectors. Our mission is to provide a seamless and personalised recruitment experience for clients and candidates, and to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, innovation and professional growth.
We are excited to have partnered with a modern and innovative challenger bank in Central London, who are seeking an experienced HR Business Partner to lead the activity in Employment, Policy and Governance.
Reporting into the Chief People & Culture Officer, you will be responsible for leading and developing the People & Culture policy agenda and will take ownership for all employment matters including the oversight and management of internal investigations. You will advise and support colleagues on policy frameworks and guide leadership in the application of people practices.
You will also take ownership for the People & Culture risk reporting metrics and SMCR activities. You will work closely with the HRLT to maintain, update and challenge current policies to ensure that the Bank remains legally compliant with all employer responsibilities.
This is a hybrid working opportunity where you will be required to work in the London office 3 days per week.
- Provide advice and judgement on employment matters including those relating to performance, conduct & wellbeing, working within knowledge limits to position outcomes to the Bank’s risk appetite and the overlay of the UK employment law framework and regulatory obligations.
- Review and enhance the current policies and procedures to reflect evolving employer obligations and ensure the Bank meets all legal requirements.
- Work closely with HRLT to evolve frameworks which will mirror the Employee Value proposition and ensure they reflect the challenger mindset.
- Ensure the People & Culture team and the wider Bank comprehend and comply with HR Risk and Governance policies, standards and frameworks.
- Proactively pinpoint key risk areas ahead of audits/reviews to guarantee Management identify gaps and have appropriate mitigation measures underway or planned
- Support the HR team to complete SMF attestation, policy owner requirements, risk management activities including risk and control registers & action planning and issue remediation tracking
- Drive reporting of and improvements of, People Risk Appetite Metrics, KPI’s/KRI’s including the use of automation where applicable
- Support the ongoing embedment of the operational resilience framework from a People perspective
- Work with HR leadership to ensure that all key person and competence needs/risks are identified across the Bank – and material risks have appropriate action plans in place
- Act as the first point of contact for the 1LoD business-wide risk HR risk related activities by maintaining strong and effective relationships with all areas
- Contribute, recognize and adhere to policies and procedures on risk management, disaster recovery and business continuity
- Provide regular updates and learning for the wider People & Culture team to ensure ways of working reflect employment changes and trends
- Forge strong working relationships with the Bank’s union representatives
- Take ownership of the People & Culture functional SMCR actions including annual F&P process, regulatory requirements for onboarding new SMCR roles – working closely with Compliance and HRLT peers to ensure all activities linked to rewards, performance and talent acquisition are fulfilled.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Previous experience within regulated banking/financial services
- Demonstrated experience of supporting and resolving employment matters within a regulated environment
- Strong communication and influencing skills – confident managing stakeholders
- Proven experience of defining and implementing governance frameworks which mirror risk appetite
- Strong understanding of the SMCR framework
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment whilst managing multiple responsibilities
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a “hands-on” approach
- Demonstrated track record in navigating change and growth environments
- Solid understanding of delivering HR initiatives within a regulated environment
- Able to navigate ambiguity and provide structured and commercial recommendations within a short time frame
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org