ABOUT THE ROLE
- Date Posted - 04/09/2023
- Health And Safety Officer
- Starting From £30,000 per annum
- Interest in this position?
Get in touch with us!
or submit your CV below
Northreach is a dynamic recruitment agency that connects businesses with top talent in the Financial Services, Fintech, and digital sectors. Our mission is to provide a seamless and personalised recruitment experience for clients and candidates, and to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, innovation, and professional growth.
About the company:
Northreach have partnered with a well-renowned and incredibly successful international bank based in the vibrant heart of Bank, London. The company specializes in providing a range of retail & wholesale banking products to its customers both across the UK and Internationally. With a passion for excellence, they are committed to ensuring clients receive top-notch coverage and personalized support to protect their assets and interests.
The Role: Health & Safety Officer
As Health & Safety Officer for the bank, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the bank is compliant with UK Occupational Health & Safety standards, laws and guidelines and ensure the bank is able to provide a healthy and safe environment for its staff, customers, contractors an visitors at all times – meeting all statutory requirements and ensuring these are instituted and maintained throughout the bank.
- Develop and effective fire and other emergency plans for the bank
- Carry out accident/incident investigations, and report under RIDDOR legislation where required and appropriate
- Ensure the implementation of a corrective prevention action plan in the event of an accident
- Chair and organise regular consultation meetings with employees
- Coordinate risk assessment programmes including FRA & HRSA but not limited to
- Maintain health & safety records and statutory documents
- Coordinate with government agencies where needed
- Display Health & Safety information at all offices
- Review and update the Health & Safety policies and process manuals
- Coordinate with Branch Management to ensure effective implementation of Health & Safety guidelines and best practice, and ensuring regular audit/assessment observations
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Prior experience in managing Health & Safety responsibilities as above
- Approachable, clear communicator, trustworthy
- Keen eye for detail, organised and compliance orientated
- Good time management skills, able to meet deadlines
- Ideally IOSH or NEBOSH
To apply, please submit your CV and please note all applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Northreach is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or age. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and hiring practices, therefore only partner with businesses that promote DEI. We strive to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org