ABOUT THE ROLE
- Date Posted - 23/08/2023
- Compliance Advice Officer
- Starting From £40,000 per annum
- Interest in this position?
Get in touch with us!
or submit your CV below
Northreach is a dynamic recruitment agency that connects businesses with top talent in the cell & gene therapy, fintech, and digital sectors. Our mission is to provide a seamless and personalised recruitment experience for clients and candidates, and to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, innovation, and professional growth. We have partnered with an established lender who are on the hunt for a Compliance Advice Manager to support across the business in an advisory capacity. This client is a community focussed lender who currently hold 1.6 million customers with the goal to give everybody access to finance and credit.
In this role you will report into the Senior Compliance Advice Manager and you will provide regulatory and conduct advice to all business functions to ensure alignment with regulatory requirements and strong customer outcomes at all times.
- Advise on the impact of regulations on business policies, processes and procedures, change programmes and customer facing material whilst taking into account FCA & PRA rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Review regulatory and conduct risk events, giving advice & guidance and assisting to develop action plans where there is regulatory or customer impact – includes remediation
- Ensure that marketing material (including outputs, media and documentation produced by the business) are aligned with regulatory requirements
- Review and input on committee papers
- Provide training and coaching to stakeholders to upskill them on regulatory requirements and the ideal customer outcomes
- Inform the Senior Compliance Manager of any regulatory breaches
- Represent Compliance Advice on change projects and at SMT meetings to ensure regulatory requirements are identified, understood and addressed
- Regulatory reporting to escalate issues and risks where necessary
- Ensure that any conduct risks are adequately mitigated
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 1+ years experience working within a compliance advisory focussed role
- 1+ years experience working within an FCA regulated firm
- Strong understanding of traditional UK Banking products including lending, credit, savings
- Demonstrated understanding of the FCA & PRA handbook including CONC
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to direct, persuade and influence team members on complex regulation in a professional manner
- Confident in assimilating and comprehend new information quickly
- Flexible with good time management, able to competently manage multiple responsibilities and spread time between BAU compliance advice, project work and personal development
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines
- Credible with integrity, able to reliable and trustworthy face of compliance internally and externally
- IT literate – confident with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Discretionary annual bonus of up to 16%
- Hybrid working – 2 days on-site
- Private medical insurance
- Up to 30 days annual leave (dependent on length of service) in addition to bank holidays
- Pension scheme – company contribution up to 5%
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- Opportunities to grow, develop and learn within the organisation
Northreach is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or age. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and hiring practices, therefore only partner with business that promote DEI. We strive to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org